Save a Life: Handwashing and COVID-19 Education
The Save a Life: National Handwashing and COVID-19 Education Campaign is a soap and water distribution programme with community-based education at its core. In collaboration with Clean City, the campaign targets hotspot areas across the country acutely affected by limited access to WASH facilities and are at risk from cholera, NTDs and COVID-19.
- Online training for communities, teachers and village health workers.
- Water delivery to affected communities.
- Soap distribution to communities.
- Community education on COVID-19 and WASH practices.
Cholera Elimination Secretariat
The Cholera Elimination Secretariat (CES) is the body established to provide catalytic support to the National Taskforce on Cholera Elimination. The Secretariat coordinates stakeholders in the development and implementation of a Cholera Elimination strategy with the goal of ending cholera in Zimbabwe by 2028.
- Coordination of Cholera Elimination Roadmap development.
- Establishment of Public Health Emergency Operations Centre.
- Provision of water, soap and water purification amenities.
- Provision of WASH facilities at strategic locations within cholera hotspot areas - schools, clinics, hospitals.
- Education and awareness programmes with National Reach.
Ending Neglected Tropical Diseases
Our investment in Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) control in partnership with the END Fund and Ministry of Health and Child Care, has facilitated the treatment of millions of Zimbabweans for schistosomiasis (SCH), soil-transmitted helminths (STH), trachoma and lymphatic filariasis (LF). Through the Deworming Innovation Fund, we have committed to the bold goal of eliminating schistosomiasis and soil-transmitted helminths at a national level in Zimbabwe by 2025 through innovation and partnership.
- Treatment - Administration of NTD treatments in endemic districts through Mass Drug Administrations (MDAs).
- Prevention – Comprehensive health education that drives sustainable behaviour change in at-risk communities.
- Mapping – Precision mapping exercises to inform future interventions, including the expansion of treatment to wider populations.
- Innovation - Development and adoption of innovations for NTDs through local and international partnerships.
Clean City is an entity mandated to provide waste collection and disposal services. Clean City’s vision is to be the leading brand that keeps communities and environments clean and safe. The company is a digital and technology enabler that leverages its capabilities to solve waste management problems and provide WASH infrastructure in health related pandemics (Cholera & COVID19).
Medical Doctors Fellowship
The Medical Doctors’ Fellowship was introduced to support the building of healthy and resilient communities in Zimbabwe by ensuring patients receive quality healthcare and attention from our medical institutions. The Fellowship supported 1,745 Junior Doctors, Government Medical Officers, Senior Health Medical Officers, Registrars, Consultants and Specialists working in public medical facilities with allowances, tools of trade, transportation and training.
- Fellowship allowances for doctors.
- Tools of trade.
- Knowledge and Skills Strengthening.